Digital Media Internship
We’re looking for an intern to be an integral part of the IFP digital communications team, working on aspects of digital communications including:
- Graphic Design for our social media communications including: Press Blasts, Event Invites, Social Media ‘shareable’ imagery, Graphics for our videos, Presentations, Conference slides
- Video editing of conference videos and interview videos and possible interstitial
- Possible videography for special video projects
- Researching the film and digital landscape for relevant stories and topics to highlight across social media
- Working on our YouTube channel to organize videos with metadata, data entry for new videos and metadata maintenance of old videos
- Data entry for upcoming videos, scheduled tweets, scheduled posts etc.
- Research for potential outreach partners in the YouTube community and wider social community
- Assisting the programming team for administrative work as required
- Possible opportunity for brainstorming new video programming, interview series and creative campaigns to engage filmmakers
The internship will run 2-4 months between May 2013 and September 2013.
Our ideal candidate would be:
- Savvy in the social media space or have a vested interest in improving their working knowledge of growing and engaging online audiences.
- Willing to learn how the administrative side of the film industry operates
- Someone who can dedicate 2-3 days a week to be in the office
- Either in school or someone who just finished school.
- Someone with creative talents including graphic design, editing and camera work
- A team player
- Available between Sept. 15-19th to assist with Independent Film Week
IFP has been a launch pad for many successful films and industry professionals, and there is room for growth in many intern positions.
This is an unpaid position, but college credit, IFP Membership and other benefits are available.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Louise Silverio, firstname.lastname@example.org