Screen Forward Labs Application Details
To apply for the Screen Forward Labs, click here.
It is strongly advised that you first review the application form and prepare your materials, as many fields have word count limits. Prepare materials in a separate text document, then come back to complete your application. All projects must be submitted via online application. Applications must be complete and all pertinent materials and fees must be received by the IFP for your submission to be considered. Be sure to follow these steps:
– Active IFP Membership at any membership level: get started by joining IFP now.
– Completed online application including synopses, filmmaker bios, and goals for the Lab;
– $50 entry fee paid online by credit card;
– A password-protected link to a visual sample representation of your project. It must have at minimum a representative visual sample (a completed episode, demo, excerpt) already in place and cannot have launched publicly. (If a trailer/one episode/video sample/portion of your project was released publicly – these submissions will be considered on a case by case basis.). The content can be up to the full series or completed project.
– A project pitch document which shares further information about the scope of the project, the thematic elements, plot lines, as well as partners, financing, and audience engagement strategy.
– Please note that web projects in early development (script/pitch stage only) are not eligible for the Labs. All project creators must be U.S.-based, meaning either U.S. citizens and/or living and working in the U.S.
Screen Forward Labs project submissions are evaluated only by the IFP Screen Forward Labs screening committee. Project selection based on quality of the work and ability to benefit from the Lab’s curriculum and mentorship. Projects are not made available to anyone outside the committee. The Screen Forward Labs is attended by members of the industry but is not open to film/television critics for review purposes. Projects are not available for review.
Acknowledgement of Receipt
Shortly after submitting your online Application Form, you will receive an email notification acknowledging that your form and screenplay have been received.
Up to 10 serialized projects will be selected for Screen Forward Lab. All submissions will be notified of acceptance or rejection by mid-March. Preliminary calls from the IFP concerning your entry do not indicate acceptance.