Industry Registration for the 2016 IFP Film Week is now open here.
To learn more about this year’s selected projects, please click here.
“The IFP is an invaluable resource for discovering new cinematic voices. There have been many documentaries and dramatic films that we’ve premiered at the Sundance Film Festival that either I or one of my colleagues first saw in rough cut form at the IFP. Besides being a breeding ground for exciting new talent and important work, the IFP is an incredible networking opportunity – a place that truly values filmmakers and challenges them to reach new heights.”
– David Courier, Senior Programmer, Sundance Film Festival
IFP Film Week is
The ONLY place in the U.S. where industry leaders gain access to over 140 new projects first before they are discovered at festivals or by general audiences.
Why Should You Attend?
Meet tomorrow’s great storytellers today!
The projects participating in the Project Forum range in budget from micro-budgeted indies (<$500,000) to $5M star-driven material. While the majority of documentary and narrative projects showcased are US-based (85%), the remaining 15% of projects are international works-in-progress. 45% of all projects originate from outside New York and Los Angeles, representing talent from outside the traditional film hubs.
Overall, 3,000+ individual one-on-one meetings take place each year between filmmakers and representatives from over 200 company representatives and 50 festival programmers.
Registered Project Forum Industry
*Granted access to IFP Film Week Project Forum Online featuring profiles of all projects, including trailers, lookbooks, synopses, and crew bios.
*Invited to special events and networking mixers, including sneak preview screenings.
*Receive Full Access to the Screen Forward Conference
*Company Profile featured in Industry Directory
Selected Industry will be invited to meet with all sections of the Project Forum.
Please Note: Select Industry are identified as only those companies in the entertainment industry that can actively produce, acquire, sell, distribute, or finance projects; who are established literary or talent agents or managers; or can otherwise meaningfully further the projects at Project Forum
Industry selected for Project Forum Meetings will receive more in depth project profiles including project financing and rights availability.
Registered Festival Programmers
As usual, the 2016 IFP Film Week will include programming of interest to Film Festival folks. Registration is now open! Click this link, use the drop-down “Company Type,” which allows fest programmers to register for a special rate of $250.
At Film Week, festival participant have access to:
*Exclusive IFP Film Week events, including our Showcase Screenings where, in partnership with Rooftop Films, we offer excerpts of IFP projects aiming to be on the 2017 festival circuit. IFP Lab Showcase screenings will take place on Tuesday, Sept 20th, and Wednesday, Sept 21st.
*A week of panels, keynotes, and discussions at the Screen Forward Conference.
*Company Profile featured in the Industry Directory
*IFP Film Week Project Forum Online, which features profiles of all projects including trailers, lookbooks, synopses, and crew bios.
*Meet the Programmers—taking place on the final day of Film Week, September 22nd—is our annual meetings session at IFP Film Week where festival programmers are able to take ten-minute meetings with projects nearing completion and aiming to submit to festivals in the upcoming year. Register now to ensure access to these meetings!