To be considered, your project must be considered a “non-commercial” work (able to be financed by personal funds, donations, grants, corporate sponsorship, in-kind donations, etc. but NOT by offering investment for profit) and should fall into any of the following categories:
- documentary films and other works of nonfiction;
- short films;
- low-budget fiction/narrative features (50 minutes+) that are either: a) fundraising only for a discrete portion of the project’s budget (usually development) Or b) able to be fully financed by donations and grants alone (generally projects under $3million)
- Transmedia/multi-media projects with film/video as a primary component of the work.
Application & Maintenance Fees
- Application fee is $50. Fee is payable by check or money order made out to IFP.
- IFP Membership is required for all projects accepted into the program. Upon acceptance into the program, you must show proof of membership at the Filmmaker Level ($100/year).
- Membership must be maintained throughout the life of the fiscal sponsorship account.
- Application Cover Sheet – download here.
- Project Treatment – a thoughtful, clear written description of what the plot or doc will encompass (1-2 pps)
- Shooting Script (up to 20 pages, Narrative/Fiction projects only)
- Artistic Statement – What you are trying to do artistically and how you will organize the elements into a coherent and interrelated dramatic whole? (1-2 pps; for docs; can be incorporated into project treatment)
- Production Timeline
- Fundraising Strategy – A key factor in determining our acceptance of a project is the filmmaking team’s ability to raise funding to complete the project. Include specific grants that you intend to pursue to meet your budget. Please include specific grant targets.
- Budget – should be well-developed, realistic and consistent with your narrative that includes all phases for which you need fiscal sponsorship: development – pre-production – post-production – outreach. (top sheet acceptable)
- Key Crew Bios – Principle personnel: Producer, Director, Writer, Cinematographer, Editor. (1 parag per)
Submit complete application materials with entry fee by mail or courier only to: IFP Fiscal Sponsorship Program
c/o Milton Tabbot, Senior Director, Programming, IFP, 68 Jay Street, Suite 425, Brooklyn, NY 11201 – 212-465-8200 x207 – email@example.com
Applicants will be notified of status via email, generally within 3-4 weeks of receipt.