To be considered, your project must be considered a “non-commercial” work (able to be financed by personal funds, donations, grants, corporate sponsorship, in-kind donations, etc. but NOT by offering investment for profit) and should fall into any of the following categories:
- – documentary films and other works of nonfiction;
- – low-budget fiction/narrative features (50 minutes+) that are either:
- – a) able to be fully financed by donations and grants alone (generally projects under $3million); or,
- – b) fundraising only for a discrete portion of the project’s budget (usually development)
- – short films (fiction, documentary, experimental);
- – transmedia/multi-media/VR/web-based projects with film/video/electronic media as a primary component of the work.
Application & Maintenance Fees
- – Application fee is $50. Fee is payable online by credit card only during the application process.
- – IFP Membership will be required for all projects accepted into the program. Upon acceptance into the program, you must show proof of membership at the Filmmaker Level ($100/year).
- – Membership must be maintained throughout the life of the fiscal sponsorship account.
The IFP Fiscal Sponsorship application process is via an online application.
In the application you will be asked to provide the following
- – Logline
- – Project Treatment/ Long Synopsis– a thoughtful, clearly written description of what the narrative or doc will encompass
- – Artistic Statement– What you are trying to do artistically and how you will organize the elements into a coherent and interrelated dramatic whole
- – Shooting Script*(up to 20 pages, for Narrative/Fiction projects only)
- – Production / Post-production Timeline
- – Fundraising Strategy– A key factor in determining our acceptance of a project is the filmmaking team’s ability to raise funding to complete the project. Include all avenues of funding that you will pursue, including specific grants that you intend to pursue to meet your budget. Please include specific grant targets
- – Budget* – should be well-developed, realistic and consistent with your narrative that includes all phases for which you need fiscal sponsorship: development – pre-production – post-production – outreach. (budget top sheet acceptable)
- – Key Crew Bios– Principle personnel: Producer, Director, Writer, Cinematographer, Editor. Include only the key creatives that are secured or contracted as of date of application.
*Script segment and Budget to be uploaded as PDFs as part of the application
TO APPLY, go here:
Applicants will be notified of status via email, generally within 3-4 weeks of receipt.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Paola Mottura at email@example.com or by phone at 212.465.8200 (ext. 236)