IFP is the oldest and largest non-profit organization dedicated to connecting independent filmmakers and storytellers. Whether you’re emerging or established, a talented filmmaker or a dedicated film-lover, IFP membership provides access to information, programs, and opportunities designed to help you build your career and champion independent stories.
When you sign-up or renew your one-year membership, you’ll receive:
- Invites to 100+ exclusive screenings, panels, and parties ($1500 value!)
- New! Exclusive voting privileges and access to screening series for IFP’s Gotham Audience Award and the Film Independent Spirit Awards
- New! Discounted tickets to IFP’s Screen Forward series, which showcases under the radar films with a week long theatrical run in NYC
- 1-year subscription to Filmmaker Magazine (4 issues)
IFP also offers a number of signature, application-based programs for filmmakers. These include the Project Forum’s Emerging Storytellers, Spotlight on Documentaries, No Borders International Co-Production Market, and the Independent Filmmaker Labs. IFP membership is required in order to submit your application to these programs. Individual Level membership is also required to have a project fiscally sponsored by IFP. More information on fiscal sponsorship can be found here.
Upcoming Member events (updated on a monthly basis) can be found here. Signature programs include:
Our Screen Savers series provides members with monthly opportunities to see the most talked about and heavily buzzed independent titles in advance of their upcoming theatrical release.
SECRET FILM CLUB
Don’t let the word get out! Secret Film Club offers our members a look at current film festival favorites making a rare New York appearance. Film titles are not announced until the evening of the event (be on the lookout for clues!)
IFP COLLABORATION NIGHTS
Centered around different members of the film community, IFP Collaboration Nights welcomes industry professionals to discuss their organizations and their subsequent roles, while getting to meet with IFP members in a casual setting.
IFP Industry Talks welcome creative and artist professionals to discuss relevant and topical issues currently percolating throughout the media landscape.
MY FIRST TIME SERIES
IFP’s “My First Time” series welcomes leading filmmakers and media artists to the Made in NY Media Center by IFP for an intimate discussion on how they first achieved success.
Please contact Erik Luers, Membership Programming and Social Media Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.
For artists based outside New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut
$35 – Digital
- Digital subscription to FILMMAKER Magazine and access to a decade of online archives
– Ability to apply to IFP’s application based programs (Labs, Film Week, Screen Forward)
NOTE: This level is only open to artists based outside New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut.
For artists based in New York City
$100 – Individual
- New! Voting privileges for IFP’s Gotham Audience Award. The Gotham Awards is the first honors of the film award season.
– New! Invitations to 15+ private screenings of IFP’s Gotham Audience Award nominated films.
– Access and exclusive voting privileges to 30+ FREE NYC Film Independent Spirit Award nomination screenings (+ screener DVDs on availability.)
- New! Discounted tickets to Screen Forward series which showcases under the radar films with a week long theatrical run in NYC
– Invites to our always sold-out Screen Savers, Secret Film Club, Collaboration Nights, Industry Talks and My First Time series
– 1-year print subscription to FILMMAKER Magazine and access to a decade of online archives
- Eligibility for IFP fiscal sponsorship
– Inclusion in IFP’s newsletter (25,000+ subscribers) for announcements of your film’s theatrical release or broadcast premiere.
– 20% Discount for Independent Film Week Conference passes.
– 25% off all Indiegogo crowdfunding campaigns.
$50 – Alumni
This level has the same benefits as Individual, but at a special discounted rate reserved for alumni of IFP’s signature programs (IFP Labs and Project Forum).
Please contact Erik Luers, Membership Programming and Social Media Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for alumni code.
$500 – Associate Producer
- All benefits of the above Individual Membership, plus…
– Two passes to the Independent Filmmaker Conference
– Two tickets to FILMMAKER Magazine’s 25 New Faces of Independent Film Party and IFP’s Best Film Not Yet Playing in a Theater Near You Reception at MoMA
$2500 – Executive Producer
- All of the benefits of the above Associate Producer Membership, plus…
– Two free tickets to the Gotham Independent Film Awards (otherwise $1000 per ticket).
$3000 – Corporate
- All of the benefits of the above Producer Membership, plus…
– Membership for 4 individuals
– Corporate Listing in IFP Newsletter (25,000+ subscribers)
To learn more about becoming a member at the Executive Producer or Corporate Membership levels, please contact Steven Pfeiffer, Development Manager, at email@example.com