IFP is the oldest and largest non-profit organization dedicated to connecting independent filmmakers and storytellers. Whether you’re emerging or established, a talented filmmaker or a dedicated film-lover, IFP membership provides access to information, programs, and opportunities designed to help you build your career and champion independent stories.
When you sign-up or renew your one-year membership, you’ll receive:
- Invites to 100+ exclusive screenings, panels, and parties ($1500 value!)
- New! Exclusive voting privileges and access to screening series for IFP’s Gotham Audience Award and the Film Independent Spirit Awards
- New! Discounted tickets to IFP’s Screen Forward series, which showcases under the radar films with a week long theatrical run in NYC
- 1-year subscription to Filmmaker Magazine (4 issues)
IFP also offers a number of signature, application-based programs for filmmakers. These include the Project Forum’s Emerging Storytellers, Spotlight on Documentaries, No Borders International Co-Production Market, and the Independent Filmmaker Labs. IFP membership is required in order to submit your application to these programs. Individual Level membership is also required to have a project fiscally sponsored by IFP. More information on fiscal sponsorship can be found here.
Upcoming events (updated on a monthly basis) can be found here.
Please contact Erik Luers, Membership Programming and Social Media Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.
For artists based outside New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut
$35 – Digital
- Digital subscription to FILMMAKER Magazine and access to a decade of online archives
– Ability to apply to IFP’s application based programs (Labs, Film Week, Screen Forward)
NOTE: This level is only open to artists based outside New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut.
For artists based in New York City
$100 – Individual
- New! Voting privileges for IFP’s Gotham Audience Award. The Gotham Awards is the first honors of the film award season.
– New! Invitations to 15+ private screenings of IFP’s Gotham Audience Award nominated films.
– Access and exclusive voting privileges to 30+ FREE NYC Film Independent Spirit Award nomination screenings (+ screener DVDs on availability.)
- New! Discounted tickets to Screen Forward series which showcases under the radar films with a week long theatrical run in NYC
– Invites to our always sold-out Screen Savers screening series, where we host 20+ special preview screening of our festival favorites, IFP alumni, and high-profile new releases.
– Invites to monthly Unite/Create events where IFP partners with creative media and arts organizations to drink, mingle, and network.
– Invites to monthly Independence Expanded panels at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP. These workshops, case studies, and one-on-one debates spotlight new innovations and challenges facing storytellers today.
– 1-year print subscription to FILMMAKER Magazine and access to a decade of online archives
- Eligibility for IFP fiscal sponsorship
– Inclusion in IFP’s newsletter (25,000+ subscribers) for announcements of your film’s theatrical release or broadcast premiere.
– 20% Discount for Independent Film Week Conference passes.
– 25% off all Indiegogo crowdfunding campaigns.
$50 – Alumni
This level has the same benefits as Individual, but at a special discounted rate reserved for alumni of IFP’s signature programs (IFP Labs and Project Forum).
Please contact Erik Luers, Membership Programming and Social Media Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for alumni code.
$500 – Associate Producer
- All benefits of the above Individual Membership, plus…
– Two passes to the Independent Filmmaker Conference
– Two tickets to FILMMAKER Magazine’s 25 New Faces of Independent Film Party and IFP’s Best Film Not Yet Playing in a Theater Near You Reception at MoMA
$2500 – Executive Producer
- All of the benefits of the above Associate Producer Membership, plus…
– Two free tickets to the Gotham Independent Film Awards (otherwise $1000 per ticket).
$3000 – Corporate
- All of the benefits of the above Producer Membership, plus…
– Membership for 4 individuals
– Corporate Listing in IFP Newsletter (25,000+ subscribers)
To learn more about becoming a member at the Executive Producer or Corporate Membership levels, please contact Steven Pfeiffer, Development Manager, at email@example.com